If you are looking to launch into a new career in Real Estate, we are here to guide you through the process. Whether you’re a recent graduate or you’re looking for a career change, real estate is rewarding and full of possibilities for growth.
We are going to break down the process of becoming an agent in great detail. With LAH School of Real Estate, we make it easy for you to become an agent with no prior knowledge or experience. We offer all online classes and have agents, in each of our offices, who can mentor you through the process. View all our courses here.
Requirements to Become an Agent in Alabama
● Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident alien or legally present in the U.S;
● Be at least 19 years old;
● Show proof of bona fide residency in any state in the U.S.;
● Show proof of high school graduation or the equivalent;
● Not have been convicted of a felony or a crime involving moral turpitude;
● Not have had a real estate application or license rejected or revoked in any state within the past two years.
● After meeting the education and/or experience requirements, pass the licensing examination
Choosing a Real Estate School
At LAH Real Estate, we host all of our courses online. This allows you the flexibility to work through them as your schedule and life permits. This is a great preview of what it’s like working as an agent. You can work through the classes at home in the middle of the night or come into your LAH office. We have agents in each of our offices who can mentor you through the process. View all our courses here.
Complete the Pre-license Education
You are required to take an approved 60 hour course which covers a variety of real estate concepts including the following.
● Agency Relationships
● Real Property Ownership/Interest
● Real Property
● Property Valuation
● Fair Housing
● Property Management
● Real Estate Calculations
● State statutes governing the licensing and activities of licensees
Pass the Alabama Real Estate Salesperson Exam
The exam is to test your knowledge on the real estate topics that are covered in the pre-licensing education. Keep in mind you must pass the state exam within 6 months after completing the pre-licensing course. Read all the license application instructions here.
Find a Broker
Once you pass the exam, you must work with a real estate broker who would sponsor your license. Finding a good mentor program is critical as you launch your real estate career. Find out more about picking the right brokerage for you or get in contact with one of our offices today.
Complete the Post-license Education
You are required to complete an approved 30 hour license training course within the first twelve months of licensure in order to be issued an original (permanent) license. The course must be completed and original licenses issued within the first six months in order to maintain an active license.
Below are the costs to obtain your real estate license in Alabama, a licensee most likely will incur additional costs dependent on the brokerage firm they choose to join.
● $299 60-hour pre-license (LAH School of Real Estate)
● $73 Alabama Salesperson Exam
● $186 30-hour post license (LAH School of Real Estate)
Now that you know all the details, purchase the LAH Real Estate courses or get connected with one of our brokers. Want to learn more about what it takes to be an agent? We break down all the benefits for you here.