Janet Book, AL REALTOR®
- (205) 870-8580 Mountain Brook Office
- (205) 960-0053 Cell
My specialty is assisting you in all phases of your life’s transitions…whether buying your first home, downsizing, finding that dream home, investing, or selling your home or property. My extensive experience of negotiating in the business world and customer-focused service translate into assurance for you that your needs will be well represented and that they will be at the forefront of all my actions.
Choose me….I will provide dedicated, personalized, and caring service with seasoned business acumen. My skill set, attention to details, and ability to understand the big picture while meeting your goals set me apart.
Services: Consulting with you to understand your goals, valuation of property, community Introductions, staging, step-by-step marketing plan, utilizing traditional and social media, professional photographer, assisting in recommendations for all of your needs while preparing and selling your property.
Organizations and Groups and Designations / Certifications
- ABR® (Accredited Buyer’s Representative)
- SRES® (Seniors Real Estate Specialist)
- Member of Birmingham Association of Realtors
- MLS Technology Committee
- Member of Alabama Association of Realtors
- Member of National Association of Realtors
- Indian Springs School Board of Directors, Executive Committee, Board Member, Planning Committee Chair and member of other committees and selection groups, President of Parent’s Association Starting 2007
- University of Alabama in Birmingham, Member and Member Ex_Officio, Dean of the School of Health Professions (SHP) Advisory Committee, Past Member: President’s Advisory Committee, SHP Building Campaign Committee, various search, program, and accreditation committee involvement through the years. Starting 1988
- The Women’s Network, 1980’s-Present
- Girl Scouts of North Central Alabama, Cahaba Girl Scout Council, President, Vice-President, Secretary, Board Member, National Delegate, Nomination Committee Member 1995-2010
- United Way of Central Alabama, United Way Cabinet-Feathers Chairperson, D.I.V.A.S. Founding Committee Member Additionally, served on the UW Leadership Development Program, Visiting Allocation Team, Chairperson, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama United Way Campaign 1993-2008
- YMCA Metropolitan Board, Board Member, Chair of Development Committee, Human Resources Committee, Strong Kids Campaign Chair 2000-2005
- Spain Women’s Committee Board, Treasurer, Secretary, Board Member 1991-present
- Leadership Birmingham, Class of 2005-2006
- WBHM (public radio) Board, President, Vice-President, Board Member 2000-2008
- Home For Our Troops, Volunteer, A collaborative effort to provide mortgage-free, specially adapted homes for severely injured Veterans. 2009-present
Top Executive in Information Technology (The Alabama Information Technology Association), Woman of Distinction (Girl Scouts representing Central Alabama), Top Ten Business Women in Birmingham (BBJ), Arbitrator of the Year (Better Business Bureau-Central Alabama), Rising Star (LAH Mountain Brook), FAB 40 Alumni (UAB, School of Health Professions), National Philanthropy Day Volunteerism Honoree