by Katie Lance
Consistently posting is a huge component to getting more eyeballs to your Facebook page, but there is another thing that not too many people talk about — the art of the status update.
Here Are 5 Tips To Improve The Status Updates On Your Facebook Business Page:
Don’t write anything misleading. Don’t say one thing and mean another, or just post something to get a lot of likes. Honesty and authenticity are key.
- Edit ruthlessly. Read and re-read again. Make your status updates bold, not passive. For example, if you want to say, “I think you should take a look at this important article about the real estate market,” instead you could say, “Look how the market is changing. Leave me a comment below for more information!”
- Keep it short. It’s easy to go on and go, but keep your status updates short — two sentences maximum if possible. Think of how most people are scrolling through their Facebook Newsfeed on their phone. If they have to click the “more” button to expand your update, they most likely won’t do that.
- Mix it up. How are the different ways you can say what you want to say? Can you make your same point with a photo, a quote, a link, a question? Work on having a content library that you can draw from at any time. That content library could be a folder in DropBox that you can access at any time that has images that you can use to post to your Facebook page.
- Be timely. During the Super Bowl, post about the game! During the holiday, post holiday event dates. You get the point — be relevant to your local audience and also appeal to what is happening in the moment. This is the beauty of being flexible with your social media strategy. Have a strategy in place, but be nimble enough to add or delete something if needed!
- Here are few great examples of real estate teams, agents and brokerages mixing it up and keeping it fun and relevant on their page!
Keep it short, keep it real, and keep being consistent — that is the name of the game!